Name Tags/Badges
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kilcarkid

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  14:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm a new QM and we thought it would be fun to craftily make our name tags -- any ideas??? Appreciate the nelp

Queen Kilcarkid
CRS SWAT Team
Indy

HRH Queen Donna

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  06:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Queen Kilcarkid

Our chapter made name tags using the small straw hats that can be purchased at craft supply stores, miniature paper flowers and super heavy duty felt. Spray painted the hat red, used glitter glue to add trim on the edge of the brim and crown aa a ribbon, glued the flower onto the hat and cut the felt to size. Outlined name tag with more glitter glue and glued the hat to the top of the felt, glued the pin back to the hat, then wrote the name of each member in glitter glue.

It was fun to make and cost only a couple of dollars for all.

HRH Queen Donna (Pink Queen!)
Red Hot Godiva Gals
Puyallup, Washington
Go to Top of Page

Kilcarkid

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  12:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great/cute idea QM Donna!!!

QM Kilcarkid
CRS SWAT TEAM
Indianapolis, IN
Go to Top of Page

JKathleen

31 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2004 :  19:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did pretty much the same except that I put the names on using the alphabet beads.

Hugs, Kathleen

Go to Top of Page

KinziePie

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2004 :  16:47:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of using the mini straw hats, and then I thought of using the craft foam. BUT, I used the placecards that you purchase off the RHS site(Emporium) I bought red hat and pink hat placecards. Bought the clear badge holders from Office Depot and the little clippy clampy things that attach. The place cards fit perfectly in the badge holders!!!! EASY EASY EASY!!!!!
FQM -K- Shepherd
RED HAT DIVAS (Benton, AR)

FQM Red Hat Diva, -K-
Go to Top of Page

redhatmama1

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2004 :  19:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-K-
You go girl! Nothing like...NO WORK!

Celeste, queen of creative shopping
Red Hat Mamas
Springfield, TN
Go to Top of Page

whatchamacallit

216 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  12:17:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful Idea Queen Donna! I had already bought the little hats for ornaments but will have to rethink their purpose of simply by more. Name tags are a wonderful idea to use for the official royal names and then handed out at the dubbing ceremony.

Go to Top of Page

QE3

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  13:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this might be too elaborate for mass production, but if your group is into needlework, you could stitch nametags and then wear them on a ribbon around the neck (like a necklace). This keeps pin marks off those lovely purple (or lavender) dresses. I belong to several needlework organizations and have multiple badges for each.

Another advantage of each member making her own is that she'll be more likely to keep track of it than if one central person had to collect and distribute those name badges.

Here's a link to the chapter directory of the American Needlepoint Guild. Chapters are listed by state and each one has its own gorgeous name tag -- now imagine some of these designs in shades of red and purple.

http://www.needlepoint.org/chapters.htm

Here's another one -- imagine this on purple fabric with a red hat embroidered (or appliqued) where the orchid is now:

http://www.egausa.org/StitchLearn/Harrison.htm

QE3 (aka Liz)

Edited by - QE3 on 09/01/2004 12:50:22
Go to Top of Page

Kilcarkid

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  14:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Hatters for all your neat ideas for name badges. We're uncrafty hatters we are, but I like the idea of the note cards from RHS and the clear badges. Hugs all around and thanks, too!

QM Kilcarkid
Indy
Go to Top of Page

oxfordoxie

21 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2004 :  20:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For our chapter I paper pieced (quilter's technique) "Sun Bonnet Sue" name badges, making the hats and shoes red. The dress was purple. They turned out real cute. The pattern was from Carol Doak. My machine does embroidery, so I could put each member'sname on their badge, along with our Chapter's name.
Go to Top of Page

Her Royal Thighness

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  16:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I take the easy way out. Since our group is so 'flexible' (AKA some show, some don't) I have opted for a way that gets them to RSVP. I make their name tag AFTER they register. I use my computer so I can do it quickly and easily and add/remove names. I use the 2" x 4" White Mailing Labels (Avery Ink Jet #8163) and 'insert' a graphic that is relevant to the event AND red hatting. Putting in names is a breeze. Too, the ladies can easily take them off (no pins or picks) and place them in their 'scrapbook.' Works well for me.

Her Royal Thighness
Nancy

http://www.redhatsoirees.com
Go to Top of Page

Tex

USA
2109 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  16:28:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use the 2"x4" labels also and run them through the computer printer. I put Big D Re-Gals at the top and Red Hat Society at the bottom, both in red ink. The lady's name is in the middle in purple -- all caps, first name larger than last name. If they have a Red Hat name, I put that below in upper and lower case.

Unlike Thighs, I don't make name badges for every event. If a lady is just visiting, I give her the sticky nametag, but for members, I stick the tags onto card stock that fits the clear plastic badges with pins on the back. I'll make them an original name badge and a second one when they decide on a Red Hat name, but I'm going to start charging them $1 for additional badges. I pay for the supplies, and some ladies just keep losing their name badges.

I don't collect the badges each time. As an incentive to get the ladies to wear them, I keep track of who wore hers to each meeting. Then at our birthday party in May of each year, each lady gets a chance for each time she wore her name badge during the year, and I give a nice raffle prize to the winner. Most of the ladies are very good about wearing their badges.

Queen Cynthia Sparkle Plenty
Big D Re-Gals - Dallas, TX
Established May 14, 2002; Registered June 19, 2002
www.picturetrail.com/re-gals
Go to Top of Page

egyptian13

4 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  22:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding name tags. I got some little red straw hats at our local craft store added flowers and tiny feathers and the name on the brim in purple glitter glue. Looks cute glued pin on back of hat and wear as a name tag. Rene'e
Go to Top of Page

bee-happy

2 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  17:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At our first meeting I simply got name tag and stamped them with a lady in a red hat using red ink. I plan on making permanent name tags with magnetic backs. This way my members can attached them to their clothing without damaging their outfits.
Queen Bee Connie Marie Rolenc
Go to Top of Page

The Recipe Lady

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  22:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An Illinois Red Hat Hello:

Thank you ladies for all the ideas for name tags. Where do you buy the clear plastic badges with pins on the back? With over 100 members we have to be conservative.

In Feathers, Friendship & Fun
Carolyn Gass Hardimon
The Recipe Lady
Editor - World Wide Red Hat Recipe Exchange
www.bellevilleredhatsociety.org
www.recipeladies.com
Belleville, Illinois

Go to Top of Page

GlimmerZimmer

USA
1706 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  00:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the Christmas luncheon I went to in a nearby
town one chapter had made their name tags the
easiest way I have ever seen. For those craft
challenged (like me) this would work great.

She used the membership cards given to each member!
Those were just filled out in large,dark letters to
be read clearly and inserted into the clear plastic
badges with pin backs. Easy, quick, and each member
keeps better track of their own badge since it is also
their membership card. And if the card would be needed
at the event, it's right there on their clothing.

Recipe Lady: The clear plastic badges with pins on the back
can be purchased at any office supply store and I would
also check Walmart or Kmart too. I don't know if they
have them for sure but they have lots of that kind of
stuff anymore in their "super stores." But for sure I know
they are available in the office supply stores and you can
usually buy in larger quantity too for those needing more.

Edited by - GlimmerZimmer on 01/06/2005 00:17:25
Go to Top of Page

The Recipe Lady

USA
843 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  08:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An Illinois Red Hat Hello Queen Glimmer Zimmer:

Thank you for the information on where to buy plastic card holders.

Have a good day.

In Feathers, Friendship & Fun
Carolyn Gass Hardimon
The Recipe Lady
Editor - World Wide Red Hat Recipe Exchange
www.bellevilleredhatsociety.org
www.recipeladies.com
Belleville, Illinois

Go to Top of Page

57 Chevy

2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  13:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, after reading some of the posts I thought I'd tell you about the great name tags I got for my chapter from an online place. It is
eyecatchersartdesign.com
The lady has several of her own original artwork designs for the "Red Hat" ladies and she does the tags with name, chapter name and any other info done on a laminated business card size with 2 holes punched in it for a pin. Her prices are good also. I got one for each of my gals and the extras were left blank so that I can write in the names as I get more members. I just had her put the chapter name on the tags. They worked out to be about $ .50 ea. and I told my members that if they lost them they would have to pay me $l.00. This may work for those that don't want to make them or can't find any nice ones that are cheap. Hope this will help.
Go to Top of Page

dorisg

2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  18:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Here is another possible way to make name tags for your ladies. I bought 1/4 yard of red hat fabric and ironed it onto pelon that is sticky on both sides. Then we cut out the hats. After running the cards that come with the clear plastic name badge holders through the computer with the names of our women, then we stuck the fabric hats onto the upper left corner of the name badge and they are as cute as can be.
I, as queen, did keep the name badges which I will take to any meeting where we want to wear them. I was afraid that the women would forget to wear them, and then, what good are they... So, the responsibility will be mine, but easier for one person to remember them than for everyone to try to remember to wear theirs.
Hope this helps.
DorisG
Queen Mother of the Red Hat Band
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Red Hat Society Queen Mother Board © 2006 Red Hat Society Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000